Tuesday, June 18, 2013

?!$&@ T2B

I feel like Paul in the Bible. "To keep me from becoming conceited...there was given to me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of satan, to torment me." Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the Toes to Bar.... my messenger of satan. 20 months into crossfit, I can only manage 1-3 in warm ups. They hurt my shoulders. My grip dies. It takes me longer to do 20 knees to elbows than it takes everyone else to do 20 T2B. Tears spring to my eyes, curses to my lips. They make me feel fat, uncoordinated and unworthy to call myself a crossfitter.

I don't know what else to do about it but keep trying. And, like Paul, "boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me, for when I am weak, then I am strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment